February 8, 2014

#6 & #7

Dear Little-

This week, you have grown to the size of a turnip! No wonder I can't zip my pants anymore. You are now the size of my palm, growing hair, eyelashes and eyebrows, and forming taste buds. I sure hope your hair is going to be dark like your daddy's, and...dare I say it? curly like some of your relatives. I would love that! This week I also learned first-hand that pregnancy brain is real when it took me three tries to spell "rock" while I was taking notes in my Environmental Science class. I also asked for ideas on things that we need to get you, and many very nice people offered their suggestions and insight. Your dad and I planned a little Babymoon to California for next month.  It will be your first trip to the ocean and you will get to meet one set of your uncles and aunts. In less than 17 days, we will finally know if you are a boy or a girl. We don't care what you are, just as long as you are healthy (but, for the record,  I think I know if you are a boy or girl already). Thanks to you, I have been learning a lot of things. Many of them are hard to articulate, but I've become more aware of who I am, my purpose, what things should consume my time and energy and really, how cool this whole growing-a-human-thing is. I think its pretty amazing that I don't have to think about it, or constantly be telling my body what to do to help you grow and be healthy. It has shown me how close women are to creation and how special that is. Do I need to remind you how loved you already are?




Let's continue in our letters* with numbers 6 & 7:

#6 - If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?

1- If I'm being purely selfish, I'd wish for enough money so I could live comfortably, have my dream home built on Southern ground, to be able to travel and take care of my loved ones. 

2- That greed and corruption didn't exist.  People would do things out of love and good intentions, rather than out of their own selfish interests. That everyone would be happy and free to lead fulfilling lives.  

3- I'd wish that poverty didn't exist, as hippie as that might sound. The more I've learned about the world around me, the more I realize how blessed I am, and how much of some people's day is centered around getting food and water. I feel like a snob sometimes, when I open my fridge and decide there's "nothing to eat".  If people could have their basic needs met, the opportunity for gaining education and building better lives for themselves would take precedence.


#7- What is your dream job, and why?

Oh, my dream job! I feel fortunate to actually know what that would be.  If I could have my dream job, I'd work for the U.N., in their Finance division (preferably in a foreign country) working with Microfinance companies that are helping the poor and needy with the opportunities they need to provide for themselves, build their own businesses and give themselves and their families and better future. (Go to awesome websites like KIVA, World Vision and ASA to see this kind of philanthropy in action.) If I couldn't do that, then I'd be a travel writer. I would love to get paid to travel and write about it. 


Keep growing, little peanut! And if you could, try to not give me so much heartburn.

Love,
Mama




*#1-3, #4-5




No comments:

Post a Comment

Type words here...