January 1, 2013

quality time with my to-do list

2012 was awesome and hard. Some things I wish I could have gone without, but I was able to cross some cool stuff off of my To-do list. Lechuga revisar (lolzzzz) the year that was:



Caleb came home January 5th

....and we got engaged 2 weeks later.


We got married 6 weeks after that- on Leap Day!

We traveled through Europe for our awesome/crazy/stressful/amazing honeymoon.

This was awesome and terrifying at the same time for me.

Crossed off walking across Abbey Road.


Caleb got to visit Old Trafford, a dream come true for this football freak.

Saw the Berlin Wall and ate yummy currywurst.

Prague was so cute.

Venice is beautiful and just as lovely as you imagine.

Florence was unexpected in the best way possible. And the food was fantastic.

Gelato is so delicious and addictive. We had it at least twice a day in Italy.

Saw David.

And then Rome happened. 

Pantheon.

The Vatican was HUGE and worth the 4 hours it took to tour it.

The Sistine Chapel.

Colosseum is gigantic. Props to the Romans for pulling off such a structure.

Paris was romantic and cold, much like the people we met there.

The Eiffel Tower was much taller than I had prepared myself for. I was clinging to Caleb the whole time.


Disneyland Paris!! Three Disney parks down, 3 to go.

I finished the year off with donating a foot of my hair in honor of a loved one-  congrats David  on beating cancer!!

In all, I have been able to cross off 19 things from my to-do list this year and I feel extremely blessed to have been able to do so with my super-hot boyfriend, Caleb. Love is good and well when the mushy stuff is going on, but when the hard times hit, its so comforting to know that I've got a teammate that is in it for the long haul. Forever and ever, babe!

This coming year I'm going to adopt a concept that my dear friend Heather introduced me to. The idea of focusing on one word rather than a specific goal, like "lose 10 pounds" or "be less of a loser." So my word for the year is: quality. I'm going to strive to make myself a better quality person; surrounding myself with higher caliber people, having quality relationships, and focusing my time and energy on activities, people, food, entertainment and ideas that will improve myself spiritually, mentally and physically.  So here's to the idea of self-improvement through a having a quality year.

Cheers to the coming years, my friends. Let's make them count.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Type words here...