December 21, 2012

I Hate Burl Ives


If I have to hear Burl Ives telling me to "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" one more time, I'm afraid I'll be forced to shove a pencil in my ears and donkey-kick my radio.

I love what Christmas is supposed to be about, not what it is has become for most people.  I love snow. I love Christmas goodies. I love those clay-mation Santa Claus and Rudolph movies. "Christmas Vacation" is a must-watch, as is "Elf." I love decorating for Christmas. I even like shopping for that really great present for myself someone else. I do not, however, love hearing the same 4 Christmas songs 87 times on the radio.

So! Feast your lobes on these, some of my fave artists performing their renditions of holiday tunes:

(His hair is as majestic as a lion's mane)

(Always gives me goosebumps)





(It's technically not a holiday tune, but he does say "Christmas" at some point)







(I am not ashamed to admit that I still love George Michael)

(All of your favorite 80's singers in one song. Bono looks weird without sunglasses on)

(For all of my latke-loving friends)

(Possibly the cutest duet ever)


Happy Holidays, everyone! Hold your loved ones a little closer, and for Pete's sake (wherever he is) be nice to the folks that are working retail. They hate it more than you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Type words here...